The Museum Displays seek to tell the story of railroads in the central Virginia area over the past 150 years through artifacts, equipment, paper memorabilia, maps and photographs displayed in the FREIGHT ROOM and the STATION MASTERS OFFICE. The story is also told with restored railroad rolling stock on track adjacent to the museum building.Previous | Home | Next
The Railway Express Car #185 was built in 1937 and was used on the RF&P Railroad until 1969. This car carried an Express Messenger as denoted by the star on the side above the REA logo. This is an example of a“heavy weight, head end” car. The car is currently used for storage and office space.
The Seaboard Coastline Box Car represents the typical “house car” of the 1960’s-1990’s period. The car is used for storage and is not open to visitors.